Volunteers play a vital role in the ministry of Good Samaritan Clinic. It is not required that volunteers be medical professionals; the clinic needs volunteers for many things that do not require healthcare experience. Clinic staff trains each volunteer and places him or her in a comfortable role. Good Samaritan Clinic provides volunteer opportunities in the following areas:
- Medical records
- File maintenance
- Many other unique to you!
- Pharmacy support
- Interpreters (Spanish)
- Professional volunteers (dentists, physicians, nurses, pharmacists, etc.)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Good Samaritan Clinic, please fill out and submit the
You are welcome to drop off your application on Mon-Thurs at the front window of GSC-West or GSC-East or return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alex Sullivan can also coach you and make special arrangements, contact her by phone if need be: 828/212-4177.
Thank you for considering Good Samaritan Clinic as a potential organization towards which to donate your time and talents; we look forward to meeting you!
Physicians and Mid-Level Providers
Please join us to enhance our ability to deliver quality health care with compassion and respect to Burke County’s low-income, uninsured population. The Clinic staff and its medical and non-medical volunteers want this to be a hassle-free and joyful experience for you. We offer you the following support to make that happen:
- Medical malpractice coverage with Medical Mutual
- Patient relationship remains with the Clinic
- Hours and days woven around your other schedules
Thank you for considering Good Samaritan Clinic as a potential medical home to volunteer your time and talents, please call Stephanie Lanphere, Admin Operations Director, at (828) 212-4183 for more information!
Good Samaritan Clinic provides its physician volunteers with the following:
- Labs provided onsite and processed by Lab Corp
- Radiology services provided by Blue Ridge Healthcare
- Experienced medical assistants
- Spanish interpreters
- Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner to provide medication adjustments and health education
- Reinforced patient compliance with your orders and medications
- Registered pharmacy and formulary for onsite dispensing of prescriptions with no Class 2 drugs onsite
- Christian fellowship, appreciation and gratitude!
If you are interested in volunteering your time and services to Good Samaritan Clinic, please fill out and submit the Volunteer Application.